Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A push to move forward: heightened awareness equals dialogue

I reached Zagreb the capital city of Croatia (Hvartska) and find that Jelena Mikin our volunteer PR agent and Lilli my dear friend who makes sure I follow directions and nothing gets lost in translation--have been hard at work.


Jelena sent out several announcements and I was interviewed by Monica Bradaric at Dobro Jutro--Good Morning Show.This lady has a heart for womans issues and recognizes the need for leadership. She will interview wkshp participants to include in the show. Hvala Monica!


Hvartska Uzivo-Anita Bilic--Novinarka will air interview Wednesday 16:00-4PM--Woman Leaders. Her idea stems in part from the fact that we are in Croatia trying to develop community leaders among many personal convictions she has as a woman. Among those interviewed is a hopeful presidential candidate Vesna Pucic leader of political party HNS, a mother of four from Split--yaka zenski/strong woman, myself and one other lady. Anita thank you for believing!

The formal presentation was last night. All in all it was alright--as many of you know I am ambitious and my vision for this organization and our work in the world sometimes can takeover--I become somewhat over zealous--I expected more people. But as many will tell you we must start and believe that those present are also pioneers!!!


Ivana Cop--opened the session, Jelena Bozic told of her struggle for employment and how difficult it is has been--adding that development is necessary. Sonia Bayer, worked the power point and share the importance of mentorship and how this has helped her. My Lilli helped in the interpretation. Vedrana came to support us all!!!

Awareness is being created and thus the dialogues begins a new age of woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment