Sunday, November 15, 2009

Zagreb, the Capital City of Croatia October 7th, 2009 8:29 AM Chocolate and coffee.

What does chocolate and coffee have to do with leadership? Well its about recognizing thatwe must do some self-care. After 15 hours of travel, this morning I am awakened before dawn to the back and forth swoosh of brooms and buckets of water splashing--'see my land lady is very clean. When her arm finally weakens and she retreats for her morning coffee--the bells begin to toll on my very soul. Collectively--4 churches in 1 square mile ring--it is only 6:45AM. What is the significance of the time---any one know? I have justified the chocolate--tomorrow morning I will have yogurt!On the forefront: Today I meet with Miroslav Wranka---a journalist who writes for www.mediapositiva.hr, a web site on postive lifestyle. I will also meet with Ana Milin who owns a business consulting firm that is very progessive in their approach: Gate To Reform. Web site: www.g2r.hr. The Golden Gate Bridge is used in the press and media section' --check it out! MentorsI am beginning to get emails from woman who want mentors--last request is from a young lady who wants to be a firefighter!Love, Diana

____________________________________________________2nd day in Zagreb

I have yet to find a connection-unsecured wireless-- and have been too busy to search for Cafe.

I no longer stay in hotels where everything was so readily available. I like it like this better--I am immersed in community life. 'Ok enough rhetoric.The Happenings The interview went well with Miroslav. He ask al the right questions--how do you want the Croatian woman to support this effort? : By becoming involved--I want them to know that they all have something to contribute that they can make a difference regardelss of socio economics or education.

What do you wish for them? To recognize their self-worth. This was monumental for me because I had held back--afraid to be shut out--now I realize that when I use my voice I speak for many who are afraid of the same repercussions.

Ana Milin of HR2 will serve as an advisor and help in the development here in Croatia. She has wonderful qualities-relaxed-very intelligent, beleives in the humanistic approach to developing people and is open to change. Dina a professor at the university of Electronics--a scientist and member of European Union intergration for scientific progress is interested in helping take WGLI to Brussels-- the seat of the Union for support and future development.

What does this mean? We must finish developing structure for each area of org. I have been staying at a vacant apt she owns that overlooks many cafes, lively pubs and a busy market place. Chocolate also played an important part of todays progress--homemade with chili added--nice

Today i am leaving Zagreb headed for Rijeka moving towards the bus. I have the curiclum in hand--two ladies,one an ex-patriot and the other a professional trainer who is thrilled to do this work will meet me next weekend! checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment